Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wanted: South Campus Photo Sessions at The University of Georgia

For those of you who went to The University of Georgia, I am sure that you know of the friendly rivalry that exists between north campus students and south campus students at UGA. Basically, north campus houses most of the arts and south campus houses most of the sciences.  North campus is also the oldest part of campus, which means lots of beautiful old oak and magnolia trees, luscious green quads, the Garden Club of Georgia's Founders Memorial Garden, and lots and lots of history...basically a photographers dream!  Here are a couple of shots from north campus photo sessions:

On the quad:


Under an old magnolia tree:


On a pebble walkway in Founders Memorial Garden:
 

While I love the beauty of north campus, south campus has a lot to offer for photographers too, especially since many of the old streets have been turned into green spaces.  But, I am ashamed to say that, even though I am a proud graduate of the College of Family and Consumer Sciences at UGA (on south campus nonetheless), I have not yet crossed the bridge at Sanford Stadium onto south campus to do a photo session.  As I pondered this driving through campus one day, I thought, "Where could I do a session on south campus?"  Then, just today, I read an article in the Athens Banner-Herald about a "secret" trial garden on south campus.  This sounds like the perfect place to begin a south campus photo session.  

So, if you would like to be one of the first to venture onto south campus with me and my camera, I would love to throw in a complimentary 8 x 10 print or set of 8 wallets just for showing some much-deserved love for south campus.  

Also, if you know of other "secret" places on UGA's campus, I'd love to hear about it in your comments below.  

No comments: