Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Photo a Day Keeps the Doctor Away! Join me in Project 365! ~ Athens, GA Photographer

Believe it or not, I neglect to take many photos of my own family anymore. Now that I've been in business for a while, I intentionally do not take my camera with me as much so that I can have a break from photography. Don't get me wrong, I love photography...but it is now my job and no longer my hobby...and everyone deserves a weekend, right? :) I don't mind this except that I don't have as many candid shots as I would like of my own family and of my wonderful and quickly growing toddler.

Here is the last photo in my personal digital library
from the UGA vs. Kentucky game
So...I got inspired to do something about this when I came across a post about Project 365 on my friend Bridget's blog (who, by the way, has an excellent blog for moms out there!!). All there is to Project 365 is to take a photo every day and post it (on flickr, facebook, etc). Here's a link to Bridget's Project 365 flickr page to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. It can be a photo from a big event like a wedding or something so small like a new meal you made for dinner...anything at all! What a fun way to capture all the random, mundane moments that make up our every day lives. I read on someone's blog that completed Project 365, and she said that all those small moments that seemed to mean nothing at the time added up to be something really special at the end of the 365 days. I can't wait to chronicle this new year in a fun, brand new way!!

Anyone want to join me?? If so, here is a link to the 365 flickr group that I'm joining. Please post a comment here if you plan to join me so we can keep up with each other! I'm excited and hope to get my first photo posted in the next few days! Happy photographing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're going to do this with us.

Sarah said...

I tried this last year, but only got about 20 days in! Maybe I'll try again soon. . .