Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Backyard Photography in Backwoods, South Carolina


















































 This precious little girl (we'll call her RaRa) is one of my favorite subjects because I have had the pleasure of watching her grow from a tiny infant to a blossoming young lady.  What is great about my portrait sessions with her is that they are usually spur of the moment which really challenges me as a photographer.  On top of adjusting the camera settings to achieve the right exposure or light settings, I have to look at the surroundings and find a good backdrop for the photos.  In these, I loved how the colors in pillow on the front porch swing coordinated with little RaRa's outfit and seemed to add a playful, girly splash of color to the photo.  Plus, the light was amazing on the porch as the sun shined behind her while keeping her in the shade.  Of course, I couldn't resist a shot of her smelling the impatiens as we all are anxiously awaiting Spring's arrival.  There will be more photos of RaRa in the future...some in Backwoods, South Carolina and some elsewhere.  And, by the way, don't let the title of this post fool you...I'm a country girl born and raised in Backwoods, Georgia, so I use the term "backwoods" with much love and endearment!  

No comments: